SONGS TO SAVE THE WORLD BY - Elizabeth Norris
1. “Bulletproof” by La Roux: I love this song. The music is so uplifting. Whenever I’m faced with having to do something that seems impossible, this song makes me feel invincible.
2. “Skyscraper” by Demi Lovato: This is one of my guilty-pleasure songs. It’s upbeat, catchy, easy for me to sing (without sounding too off-key), and it’s about nothing being able to tear you down.
3. “Far from Over” by Rev Theory: The chorus says it all. When it feels like whatever I’m up against is far from over, I know I still can’t give up—I have to keep going until I turn the corner.
4. “Never Too Late” by Three Days Grace: I love the message of this song: No matter how the world changes or how hopeless the world seems, it’s never too late to turn things around.
5. “Bleed It Out” by Linkin Park: Every time I hear this song, I have the urge to get up and do something, and not just anything, but something that I know is tough.
6. “The Edge of Glory” by Lady Gaga: In an interview, Lady Gaga said this song was about your last moment on Earth, the moment of truth. To me that makes it about what you do with that moment.
7. “Not Afraid” by Eminem: I heard my first Eminem song in high school, and I was immediately hooked by how much he could say in just one song. In this one, I love the chorus. The first step for facing down the impossible is refusing to be afraid.
8. “Stronger Than Ever” by Christina Aguilera: We all have someone who has hurt us, and it sucked, but at the same time, that experience has made us stronger. Those moments in my life are the ones I think about whenever I need to remind myself how strong I really am.
9. “Set Fire to the Rain” by Adele: There are a lot of different ways to interpret this song, but to me it’s about standing up and doing something impossible when you’re at your lowest point. And what else can I say? Adele could save the world with her voice alone.
10. “Only If for a Night” by Florence + The Machine: There are a lot of different interpretations of this song, but it boils down to being brave when it counts, even if it’s just for one night—or one moment.
11. “The Last Song” by Rihanna: This song always makes me think of the end—not necessarily the end of the world, but that last moment right before a big decision that’s going to make a difference.
12. “Arise” by Flyleaf: I’m a huge Flyleaf fan. Just about every playlist I make has one of their songs on it. But I don’t need an excuse for this one. The lyrics say it all. It’s about staring down the end of the world and remembering what you’re fighting for.
Check out Elizabeth´s blog for more Elizabeth Norris .